At Kivo, we know that the key to growth is in a high-performing sales team. That’s why we’re seeking a qualified Sales Development Representative (SDR) to find and screen potential customers who can benefit from our products and services. As the first line of communication with prospects, ideal SDRs create a great first impression for customer prospects by providing them with a professional experience. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is the primary driver of new business opportunities at Kivo. Through inbound lead qualification and outbound lead generation, each SDR plays a key role in the lead-to-pipeline process. The primary focus of an SDR is to schedule meetings with qualified prospects.
Outstanding performers will have the opportunity to grow into other roles within the company, including Account Executive, Customer Success, Outbound Sales Development, and Account Management positions to jump-start a career in B2B SaaS sales. This is a fantastic role for driven coachable, and high-judgment individuals to get in early at a rapidly accelerating startup.
We are looking for people who:
- Want to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is for someone who can “get the work done.”
- Have positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills.
- Possess excellent organization skills, a keen attention to detail, a love of customers, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team.
- Have insatiable curiosity and are committed to lifelong learning (growth mindset) and continuous development.
- Are coachable–don't just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges.
- Are doers - not a manager, a coordinator, or simply an idea person - but someone who loves to get stuff done, and done well
- Are “go-to” people because they're reliable, creative, resourceful, and good decision-makers.
Objectives of this Role
- Drive top-of-the-funnel lead generation for account executives through phone outreach and e-mail follow up activities
- Collaborating closely with Account Executives and marketing to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Helping the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and other applicable aspects of our business.
- Utilize Marketing Automation tools, cold calling, and email to generate new sales opportunities
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities, and account information in CRM
- Scheduling qualified meetings and develop pipeline to fuel Kivo’s revenue.
- Researching and identifying future customer companies and contacts to find great candidates to prospect into.
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of proven experience
- Past role as an outbound SDR with at least 2 years of experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- Proficiency with Salesforce, HubSpot, ZoomInfo, and/or other CRM software
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Ability to work independently
- Startup experience is a major plus
Kivo is a software development firm with a tradition helping emerging life science companies. Kivo is a Regulatory Information Management (RIM) platform that streamlines medical writing and regulatory preparation of critical drug and biologics programs. We strive to provide value-based solutions that fit the needs of early-stage life science organizations. Kivo complements its strong product offerings with exceptional customer support